This blog features the latest in health and wellness buzz, along with important topics that I come across. You will find my thoughts, articles, links, and more to keep you up to speed with what will really keep your mind and body healthy and happy.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Anti-aging Secret from China!

So here's something that I found that was featured in the book, "Passport to Beauty", written by Shalini Vadhera.

Apparently, this is the anti-aging beauty secret used amongst the woman in China. And I mean, we all know how gorgeous their skin is and how well they age!

So here it is:

Take some ground powder green tea. Add some white tea and lemon juice to make it into a paste like consistency. Use it all over the face as a mask. Let it sit for a while. Rinse with warm water and pat your face dry.

So why would this work? You know enough about me by now to know that I need some sort of scientific backing for these types of claims. Well...

Green tea, as we know, is a very powerful anti-oxidant. So all that stress and pollution that takes a toll on our skin by use of free radicals can be minimized by not only ingesting anti-oxidants, but also using them topically.

White tea is also a power anti-oxidant and works in the same way to prevent premature aging from all that life throws at us.

Lemon juice - as in my last post, helps with discoloration and hyper-pigmentation, thereby promoting even skin tone.

So there you have it! I haven't given this one a try just yet - but will keep you posted on what I think once I try it. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it also.

Oh and want to maximize the effects? It doesn't hurt to add a cup of green or white tea to your daily menu. Why not fight aging in all ways possible?

Cheers to being young forever - on the inside and out! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so looking forward to giving this secret a try!

    Your website is such a treat- a lot of very interesting and exciting topics!

    ReplyDelete